C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 5, 2020

Multiples

"It's a privilege to educate yourself about racism instead of experiencing it.author unknown

I know that I am privileged...and I'm appreciating the insights and information being put out there from my church and activist friends to help me open my mind and my heart.

And I need to acknowledge that part of my privilege is being in a position where I can write a blog about joy....the "grateful response" to my day.

Often times when I make something I like...I make multiples.  Last night as I watched TV I cut flowers for a few more cards....one of those mindfully mindless activities that I love.  And I love sending cards.


I used one of the table of contents pages from the old manuscript book I found a while back for the background. The pages are heavy like card stock so worked well. Since today's card mostly looks like yesterday's....I thought I would give you a different perspective showing the words peeking through. I think it adds a little interest and texture.
Even though they are done in multiples...each one turns out a little different!  And I'm happy to have two more cards to send....a way I can spread joy in a very difficult time.
Speaking of multiples....I drove back to Lexington this evening for a few days and I'll most likely miss seeing the first rain lily blooms open.  I can't believe how fast they shot up...but it's warm and a little more humid today....and that's what they love.  Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment