C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 1, 2020

Change

A friend asked me recently how I would know when it was time to stop writing this blog...something I've thought about now and again.  Because I mostly write about my everyday joy...it's not possible to run out of material....so I told her as long as it continued to be a positive experience for me I would keep going for a while.  And if others read it ...that would be a bonus.

But what I did tell her would discouraged me from continuing was if Blogger changed the format and it got too technically difficult or frustrating.  I had already stated experiencing some glitches....especially adding photos and then this notice started appearing on the top of my blog screen the last several days.





They're changing the format....I don't necessarily like change.  But I've also been known to say "change is good"....so we'll see how it goes.

Blogger is giving us a chance to experiment with the new format although we can still use the old one for a while.  At some point this summer only the new will be available.

I started this post in the new format...but ended up finishing it in the old one.  Like I said I was already having trouble adding photos in the old version...and it seemed even trickier in the new one. It used to be so simple.  I can't do this without photos....so I hope I can work it out.  My computer is also getting older....so I'm wondering if that's playing a role. Or is it just time to stop?

So this post is about change.....change in the woods....and adapting to change in my life.

The woods behind the condo has really come to life.  The trees have leafed out and the ferns are growing tall...and I'm loving the return of all my my sweet spring woodland flowers. 



I check on these little sarsaparilla firecrackers every day...they're my favorite.  They're just starting to open up and they're scatted all over. 

Star Flower

Canada Mayflower

I've added  clumps of sweet woodruff here and there that I brought from my Lexington garden...and they're adapting to the change quite well.

I hope I do as well adapting.   Putting this post together took way longer than it should have. Maybe it's the universe telling me it's time to stop....or maybe it's telling me to make the posts more simple.  I don't know....but I'm listening. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah change... I have a new computer waiting to be set up in the morning. Lots of change. I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your art work, your puzzles, and your gardens. Thanks for writing your blog as long as it brings you joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reaching out Christine....your kind words of support mean a lot! It helped remind me that simple things still matter when there is so much grief in the world. Maybe they matter because there is so much grief in the world.

      Delete