C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 22, 2020

Creativity Explosion

I got an e-mail titled "creativity explosion" from my Madison friend Lynn....her watercolor art is all over my houses. She most certainly is an artist I admire!


Lynn was inspired to give gel plate printing a try after reading about the class I took this winter here on the blog....and just shared these fabulous pieces with me.  This sunflower is absolutely stunning! I love the organic flowy quality....it looks like it's dancing in the sun!  Inspiration has gone full circle...because now I'm inspired.
And  speaking of flowy......isn't this a fun ocean inspired piece!


And this one looks like it might fold up.


And I also had the pleasure of spending some time today with my stitching buddies in Maine....in the fresh air of a screen porch.  We had a little show and tell....I shared my cathedral window quilt (I learned how to do it from this group) and they shared their recent work.  Jane is ready to machine quilt this amazing star quilt....Janice finished her adorable blanket with the bear pocket....and Patsy knitted an adorable alligator sweater for her granddaughter.  How lucky am I to have such talented artist friends!



I didn't stitch during our visit....but I did snip.



No comments:

Post a Comment