C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Two Halves...

....will make a whole.

"I hope today is one of those days you find joy right here in the waiting. I hope the uncertainty in this season does not hinder you from creating. You are free to paint new things without knowing what tomorrow will be. You are free to practice the art of trusting right here in the wild of waiting. So much is unknown, and yet, there is this effortless rhythm called grace, inviting you to go deeper into living, right here, before the future falls into place."   Morgan Harper Nichols

To see all the art that goes with this poem click here to Morgan's Instagram post and click the arrows through the images. 

I've spent the last several evenings finishing the 2nd half of my cathedral window wall hanging.  The last step will be to sew the two pieces together and add the last row of colored squares.  For those of you who follow the blog know this is a long time coming....and the light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter.  


The other 1/2 is waiting patiently in the studio. This photo was taken just before house guests last fall...it's not been this tidy since.


One of my favorite steps in the process is the finish work along the edge where there is just white fabric....it adds such a nice detail.  I've been adding a tiny bead in the center for a touch of whimsy.  Here's the before and after.


I was quite drawn to my neighbor's peonies this morning....nearly at the end of their life. I never noticed them when they were in their prime......but thought they were quite striking at this floppy stage....showing all their stuff!  And just look at that cool stuff!  




No comments:

Post a Comment