C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 8, 2020

"Finding Joy is a Practice"

"It's okay if you don't feel all of the joy all at once...finding joy is a practice." Morgan Harper Nichols

As part of my daily practice of finding simple joy....I'm celebrating some wispy coral bell and astilbe blooms from my garden.  





I just started following Morgan Harper Nichols on Instagram.  She's a black artist and poet putting out "daily reminders through art, inspired by real stories."  Other artists I follow have quoted her...and I have taken notice....but today I wanted to know more. I wanted to know her story. 

I started by going through her instagram posts.....I was moved by her beautifully simple but profound art and words.  She strives to find joy....even when there's sorrow.



Next I visited her website and linked to "a few notes" and I was moved by these powerful words.

"Engage in the long, faithful work. Surender the need or striving to the the best or always right and focus instead on leaning into Light, that reveals all things. All that is good and all that stands to be corrected, and redirected." 
Morgan Harper Nichols

Here is the link to the rest of her entry for "a few notes"......worth a few minutes of your time:

I've started listening to Morgan's podcasts....she has a lot to teach me.

P.S.  This is the first post I did from start to finish in the new version of blogger. It's still awkward...but maybe there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment