C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 4, 2022

Becky's Sparklers

Somehow "liberty and justice for all" seems to fall a little flat this particular 4th of July....but Paul and I did spend some time talking about our 4th family traditions growing up. My fondness for this holiday is mostly about my childhood memories....and a more detailed story can be found in this post called "natsukashii". Today's post is just about the sparklers.  

We always had sparklers...it's about as fancy and elaborate as we got. I have such fond memories of swirling them in the air while running in the yard after dark with my brothers and sisters.  They seemed magical.  

When I was in Wisconsin I fell in love with a tiny little "sparkler like" plant in one of Becky's pots called "Crown of Pharaoh"....and I wanted one.  I loved all her pots.




Inspired by Becky.....I wanted to plant a mixed pot for my front door when I got back. So I went shopping at the Winslow Farm Stand right down the road and guess what I found....Becky's sparkler plant.

Mixed with a few things from the garden....and a few things from the shop I now have an explosion of textures....with a little Becky's sparkler accent. 

The finishing touch is this little ceramic Welcome accent Margie gave me years and years ago. 

The pot is a nice compliment to the fern and coordinates well with my little garden along the front Walkway. All the plants will get bigger and more robust...and it will be even more balanced.


This little Becky sprig has found a home on my window sill....and will remind me of the fond memories I have of growing up with sparklers.

I said a little prayer today....for liberty and justice for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment