C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Keeping An Eye

Liz is not especially a morning person...so she doesn't miss us when Paul and I go for our early morning walk. It's good to have extra family in the house.....we're all going to have a good time this week.

One of our walking routes takes us down Olde Birch, and I've been keeping an eye on this allium over the last few years. Just today....the blooms have finally opened up.  

This was my first sighting on June 21st.  I wished I would have caught it a little sooner before this sheath (?) started to break open.  


Here it was a few weeks later on July 4th. 
I think this is my favorite stage.


And here it is today.


I'm going to continue to keep and eye on them....and I may try some in my own garden next year.


A few days ago I mentioned I gave Janice a piece of my moonbeam coreopsis....I got to see it today.  It's doing well....and looks so good paired with the blue hydrangea.


No comments:

Post a Comment