C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

"Who do you want to be? And are you being that?" 

I can't adequately describe how much I love to watch flowers unfurl....especially black-eyed Susans. 

 

I want to be someone who notices the whimsy and personality in the unfurling.


I want to be someone who gets excited about the perfect found object.....even if it's all wet from a good soaking rain.   

And I want to be the person who welcomes family and friends into my home....trying to make things as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. 

Today was Liz's last full day here, she will head back to Colorado tomorrow. We were able to have a breakfast with our older son Nate here at the condo this morning, and I honored the fact that he doesn't like his photo taken. The five of us had such a wonderful visit and it was so good to have Liz here this past week.

I want to be the person who looks for joy every single day....and I think I'm being that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment