C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 9, 2022

A Day Like This

I don't think you could custom order a better summer day.  The air was cool and breezy, and the sky is sunny and blue. It doesn't matter what you do on a day like this....it's all going to be good.

It's and update kind of day!

The quilt puzzle is just as fun as I had hoped.....even though some of the border got coffee soaked.  

I love making these little piles of color ready for the next time I sit down.  It's almost like pulling fabric for actual quilt blocks....which, by the way, I will get back to some day.

This was the progress I made today in between things.  I'm loving every minute....and the minutes are here and there. The colors are just yummy!

And as I was making the rounds in the garden this morning I discovered the meadow rue is just starting to bloom.  

The blooms are so tiny, they are hard to get into focus without my hand in the background.  I love the idea of those yellow centers all packed into that little pink pearl.  
But I always try.


It's a tall wispy plant...and in this photo the camera focused on the woods...so the blooms appear like fuzzy purple blobs....I think they look like little fairy lights.  

We have another couple of baby bluebirds in the neighborhood....and here the dad is feeding a baby who is perched on a small branch.  

Paul and I were just mesmerized watching all the coming and going with this extended bluebird family.  What a gift this has been for us this summer. 

And finally.....I've had a steady stream of rain lilies. 
And there's at least 10 to 12 buds coming. 

 
Linda sent me this photo of hers.  They were slow to start but they're now loaded with blooms and buds.


And Janice has some blooms too!  Rose would be so tickled at her rain lilies that are spread out all over.
One more update....for the Wordle fans.  I'm not sure if these were two days in a row....but I got two words in two tries recently.  And "Olive" came through for me again!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment