C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 22, 2022

What We Want To See

Sometimes...we see what we want to see.

As we approached this sunflower on our morning walk I saw a face....and was sure it was carved into the center somehow.  But I couldn't have been more tickled to find there were actually two perfectly placed bumble bee eyes....and the center of the flower made the perfect nose. 

I stayed up late (for me) last night to watch the January 6th hearing....

and I cut out all the birds from a 2002 calendar.  It was a good distraction from the unsettling testimony.  

When Liz was here I pulled out all my calendars looking for images that could be framed...she found several.  

I almost have every calendar I've ever bought....and some, like this one, that have been given to me. This one had birds of all sizes....including little black and white sketches.  It was a gold mine of birds! 

Did I mention that I cut them ALL out in one sitting?


And once again, inspired by Kit Davey....I'm going to make more simple bird collages.  I wrote about them here. It's a good way to ease my way back into the studio and an excellent way to use up some scraps.

But first I have to clear a path....and I'm not kidding.


And it's done!  I can't wait to start one of Philippa's!


No comments:

Post a Comment