C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Happy Hour Bluebirds

Every day at 4:00 during happy hour, Paul and I put out dried mealworms for the bluebirds that have nested a few doors down. Within minutes they come...every day. And much to our delight for the past week or so the parents have been feeding their babies right in our backyard. 

Sometimes the babies sit right on the feeder or the birdbath...and sometimes up on a branch and wait for one of the parents to bring them some worms.  At some point soon they will probably feed themselves. Their blue is just starting to show. Paul and I are completely smitten.  

You can see a video here on my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeKNMfCpo28/

Inspired by the birds in our yard....and a little accordion book by Kit Davey I spent a few minutes making this little bird collage with some painted paper inchies.  Sometimes simple can pack a big punch!

I highly recommend checking out Kit's post with her sweet little book....it can be found here.

I will probably follow her lead and make several more for my own little book.  Or maybe I'll just make cards. I always need cards to send.

My collage matches the colorful little mushrooms in my mini hosta garden. Some of them are pretty tiny.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment