C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Journal Style

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."  Vincent Van Gogh  

My Christmas cactus has been in a constant state of bloom since early March. I still check it out every day....watching the blooms come and go....looking for new tiny buds....and thinking about people I love who are struggling in one way or another.

And every afternoon when the sun is streaming through this window the blooms appear to be glowing...and it warms my heart.

This routine has been such a delightful way to brighten this year's slow crawl to spring.

We moved on to flowers in the Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style class....and I decided to tackle this crazy complicated Christmas cactus bloom.

The shapes and shadows were a challenge...but I think it turned out OK. I'm having fun with the process and the  journal style of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment