C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 6, 2022

Carpets of Blooms

Things were busy on our street today....all the units in our complex are being painted and it was our turn. It's kind of funny how something like this took all my attention...even when there's very little I actually needed to do.  I'm exhausted. 😉

They'll be working their way down the fronts of the units then sometime next week they'll be working in the back.  It feels good to be taking care of our buildings.  

The gray is the same...but the doors and shutters are a darker, richer blue/green.  I like it.
But before the day got sidetracked....it was a perfect spring morning for a walk. We took a route we haven't taken in a while so there were a few surprises. 

As we rounded a corner it was the hazy sun that caught my attention at first....

but then I focused in on the violets that were sparkling with morning dew.  There is just something extraordinary about a carpet of blooms. 



Then we came across a carpet of vinca.

It was a sight to behold.


No comments:

Post a Comment