C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Scilla....

The spring scilla has mostly died back....

but I picked a few remaining sprigs I found in my yard along with a bloodroot bloom a week or so ago. I love having a little bouquet on my window sill.

And here's a little scilla watercolor sketch I did for my class....still practicing. It looks a little forced....I need to loosen back up.

You won't be surprised that I still have the three little flowers and here they are today with all their wabi-sabi personality!  All that's left of the bloodroot is the stamen. Aren't they awesome?

   I couldn't love them more. 

I did a little pen and ink sketch of one this afternoon...and may add just a touch loose color.  Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment