C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 22, 2022

New Perspective

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....even a dandelion can be beautiful given a new perspective.

Paul and I came upon this lawn that had a carpet of dandelion seed heads on our walk this morning....and it stopped me in my tracks. 

I will admit that I'm glad it's not my lawn....but I did enjoy pausing to look closely.  I do have dandelions....but not like this. We have to embrace our weeds in the city of Portland...because we can't use chemicals to treat them.  I do try to hand weed some of them out....but there is no way to keep up.



When I really got close....I was fascinated with the textures and patterns.


I didn't notice the purple violets until I uploaded this on my computer....
you have to look closely. They're there!


Look at those little curls....in come places it looks like a little yellow chain. You just never know what you'll see when you look closely.



I've had a whole new perspective on dandelions today.....
and you can tell I had fun with it this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment