C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Pink Ones

"Make it a practice to look for the light. Make it a practice to celebrate the good things.  Make it a practice to become intentional about joy."  Nikki Banas

You can read the rest of the quote here on Nikki's Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdWuMgeJLoz/

I had a great conversation with a neighbor about how blessed we are. Our neighborhood is in a little chaos right now with the painting project....and parts of it haven't been easy.  

But we decided we need to stay in a place of gratitude....we all have more than we need. We need to practice patience and generosity. And  every day we need to ask ourselves what can I do today to make someone else's day better?

Anne sent me this photo yesterday....and I was just giddy.  It's year two of her rain lily bulbs I gave her and she started watering them early and set them outside when it was warm. Look at all the blooms that have shot up....what a fabulous early spring gift. I just repotted and started watering mine....and there are only tiny signs of life. 

I have more to share. 

I wasn't sure I was going to share this...but it pairs so well with the pink blooms.  One of the assignments in my current class was to sketch and paint a shoe.  I was going to skip the assignment....it just didn't inspire me. My shoes just didn't seem that interesting.  

But then I came across this keychain...and the pink Converse All Star high top was just the nudge I needed.  I had fun with it.

Although I didn't save any baby shoes...my boys always wore high top Converse. And if I would have had a girl...she would have worn pink ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment