C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Felted Forest

I started these little felt trees for my friend Jane a year ago...maybe two. My hold up was finding the right stand. (or at least that's my story)  But the little doll plates I bought for the paper trees from the last post worked well....I just stained them a little darker.

I used wool felt to make the tree....cutting a triangle shape and hand stitching it into a cone. Next I stuffed it with batting and stitched it closed with a round insert of felt on the bottom. I needle felted the red polka dots right onto the wool felt (you couldn't do that with regular polyester felt) and finally embellished them with beads and stitching.  The star is also needle felted and the trunks are painted skewers.

I hope there's a little spot in your forest Jane!

 

Here's one more that I'm going to keep....it has a whole different vibe.  I intended to paint the red and white stripes on all the trunks....but it was hard to get my lines straight so it's a little wonky. I decided to go with just the red on the others.  I'll have to work on that because I think the stripes are kind of fun.  I covered a wooden block with polka dotted scrapbook paper for the base.

I think at some point I'll make more felted trees.  They were kind of fun and the possibilities are endless! And...I just love trees.




No comments:

Post a Comment