C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, December 11, 2015

Speaking of Pine...

I got a few pine branches from the woods on a morning walk with Janet. I put them in bottles of water all around my house... they'll last all winter and are nice touch for the season.




Did you notice the little collage of beach treasures in the picture above? The tiny sand dollars are from Popham Beach and the starfish are from Ocean Park...both in Maine. Notice the teeny tiny sand dollar in the middle....about the size of a head of a pin. I found it by sifting through the gritty sand. They just pop out because they are perfectly round.







I enjoy changing up my kitchen window sill for the seasons. The Grinch and the little Christmas elf are my favorites. The little blue vase is an altered old blue bottle. A glass blower molded it into a little vase.


I have had this basket of plants on my table all summer and fall...I just tucked in three little pine branches in bottles of water.  And of course a few berries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment