C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Glass Forest

For a while I had a light theme going....and recently it has been trees.  My friend Jane has quite a collection of little trees....that's why she is getting the felt trees from the last post.  She sent me this picture a few days ago of just a few of her mini trees and snowmen. I made her the three little glass trees on the left several years back and I had forgotten all about them.  Yes, I said glass....and they are just 3 or 4 inches tall.

I have a glass ring saw and was able to make these funny cuts. It's actually more grinding than cutting.  I haven't played with it much...but getting this picture sure has me thinking about it again. OK...it's true....I have too many hobbies and too little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment