C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Anne's Motto Book

Side One


It was fun to see Anne's motto book during our visit last night.  Just to refresh...we did a year long exchange where we created a page each month inspired by a quote from the Quaker Motto Calendar. We kept the first one...sent the second one...kept the third....and so on. So each of our books contains 6 of our own pages and 6 of the other's.  For more information use the link above...and here for side two of my book.

Here is side one of Anne's book.  (I shared a few of the ones I did in the older post....but I didn't have photos of all the pages I sent her.)

"The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness." John Muir


"Let your light shine before others so they may see your good works." Mathew 5:13-16
Here Anne shared pictures and the route she and her husband Dana took on their bike trip along the California coast.  "For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything thy goodness sends."  Ralph Emerson

I did two pages using this fabric design...one for her book and one for mine.  "May we believe that glory may dwell in the commonest task of every day."  St. Augustine

I liked what Anne did here....she took two images...sliced them up and alternated them. "Let us continue to plant, and our children shall reap the harvest."  Robert F. Kennedy

"Feeling strong and strongly feeling. Being glad and glad of being. Sharing self and selfless sharing. Full of spirit, spirit filling. Will is warm and warmly willing. Giving joy, enjoy the giving.  Life is love and love is living."
Joseph Byron

Can you find the error in my page?

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples." Mother Teresa



I'll share side two tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment