C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Last Minute

"Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute."  author unknown

I still have a lot of little details to take care of before I can hang things this week....partly because silly me started something new today that I've been thinking about for a long time.

It's very colorful and I'm making it for a particular spot in Dr. Adam's office.  I couldn't stop thinking about it so I just had to stop and do it.  Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow and I'll share it then.


I am happy to report that after a lot of pondering I finally came up with a way to mount and hang my accordion piece.  It's kind of odd....and at the very least it will be a conversation piece. 






Using very stiff batting I made an under quilt of sorts and tacked the valleys of the accordion to it. I made it a bit smaller so it wouldn't show.  It was tricky trying to get the pleats even and it turned out just a bit wonky....but it's all part of the home made charm.  I will insert a dowel into the blue triangles at the corners to give it something to hang from.


No comments:

Post a Comment