C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Scrumptious!

I visited my favorite fiber artist today at The Umbrella Community Arts Center open studios.....and I came home with something special.



Barbara Willis is an inspiration to me.  She loves what she does and oozes joy from head to toe. Today I got to see her in action sitting at her happy place....her loom.



It's certainly clear that a fiber artist works here!


Barbara was working on a scarf inspired by this painting which was a gift from a friend.  She generally makes up to nine scarfs from one set up.                                                                          
I came home with this beautiful throw for my couch....isn't is scrumptious! I may even wear it like Barbara is for an evening walk around the neighborhood and I'll certainly use if for cool evenings on the patio.



If you missed what I came home with last time I visited Barbara....you can check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment