C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 27, 2018

The Quilt Series

My ever evolving quilt series has been sitting out on the dining room table for a while now and I'm getting increasingly OK with it. It has the effect I wanted of working through the color spectrum and the cohesive elements help make it work as a whole. The only two not glued down are the red one...and the star...I'm still mulling those over.



The design of my first green/orange just didn't seem quite right...so like I mentioned a few days ago I started over. I started with the basic formula....a polka dot, my favorite batik, and three Kaffe stripes.

I wanted the green polka dot at the top, the striped fabrics separated by solids...and I wanted an uneven horizon line. 

I decided I had to slice up the green and add it to the top of each bottom piece to get the uneven horizon line.  
I was a little worried how the polka dot would look chopped up and sewed back together....but in the end I liked the piecey effect.
This is where I ended up. As always there are a few things I would have done differently....but I'm going with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment