C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Blue One

Sweet little iris we saw on our walk this morning.




I have quietly been laboring over the larger blue piece for my quilt series. I finished the one I started a while back....but I'm not wild about it for a variety of reasons.  So I started over...a couple of times actually. 

I finally have a simple design that I'm reasonable happy with and works better with the rest of the pieces.  For part of it I used another piecing technique to make a simple "stick tree." The background is a rich hand dyed blue...one of my favorite fabrics. The trunk and the branches are all pieced in.

I did simple outline quilting around the tree.....lots and lots of lines.  I thought the back looked kind of fun....it created kind of a shadow tree.

 

I also strip pieced fabrics that coordinated with the Kaffe stripe.

I pre-quilted it on very thin batting.  I trimmed it up and treated it just like a piece of fabric.  I did it this way because I wanted to hide all my starting and stopping under the seams with the solid blue.



Here's a glimpse of it put together.  I need to trim it up and bind it....but the blue one is going to be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment