C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 14, 2019

A Nod to Dave

Jane invited me for a low tide beach walk this afternoon....it's always a treat to be at the beach. It turned out to be one of those big fluffy cloud kind of afternoons...just the way I like it!








Yesterday's card was continued inspiration from Ansley's Orton Park tree map and a nod to Dave. 

When I was looking though my stash for something to use or reinvent I came across these rub on architect's symbols that belonged to Dave, my father-in-law, the civil engineer.  When I saw the tree symbols....I immediately thought of Ansley's needlework trees. 



I found a linear doodle in a bin I thought looked a bit "mappish"....cut off a 3 x 5 chunk...added a few more marks and rubbed on the trees and shrubs.


I remember rub-ons as a kid....so this took me right back.


It's kind of a funny little card...but I felt like I spent a few minutes with Dave...and that's a good thing. And since I had a nice visit with Margie yesterday too...I got to spend time with both the in-laws.


Today was a quickie. I trimmed down a watercolor doodle I found in a pile and in just a few minutes had card #40.  I'm not sure anyone fully understands how many started projects and experiments I have in piles and bins.


I think the last three make a nice trio....we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment