C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 8, 2019

Colors of the Farm

When I was helping my sister LaVonn pick hosta leaves for bouquets and do other outside tasks....I borrowed her chicken boots.  I may sneak them into my suitcase because I liked the way they made me feel like a farm girl again.

Every year my brother-in-law Tim plants sunflowers along his busy road.  There were just a few that were open but you can just imagine the showstopper that it will be....or should I say car stopper. I wrote a post about it back in 2015....you can read it here and see many more flowers in bloom.




It's always good to see the mother plant that my rain lilies came from....and I find it charming that they are planted in a calf feeding bucket.

LaVonn's welcoming day lilies were also just starting to bloom.  I love the colors of the farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment