C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Pick-up Sticks

"I don't have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness...it's right in front of me if I'm paying attention and practicing gratitude."  Brene Brown


Paul found a wabi-sabi baseball on his walk. I'm tickled he paid attention and grateful he shared it with me. And...he left it there for someone else to discover.

Sets of three are a bit of a theme these days for my cards...so I tapped into a container of fusible skinny strips for #55. I've mentioned before that even the smallest fused fabric scrap is valuable....they never lose their fusibility.

I randomly laid the strips on release paper like pick-up sticks lightly fusing as I went along.


Once I gave it a good pressing I was able to pick it up as a unit.


After I fused it on the card I added a few more strips and trimmed it up.


A bright and colorful fused trio.


No comments:

Post a Comment