C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Playful Patterns

I loved working with the playful patterns from the Gudrun catalogs for today's card.  I shopped my box of cut and folded pieces for this quick and fun little project.  I'm loving my creative daily practice!


Using a glue stick I layered the folded papers and trimmed it up at the end.  Easy peasy.

I made yesterday's card out of some hideously bad gel-plate mono print experiments I did sometime last year...they aren't quite so bad cut up.  Since I made them I've watched several videos so I know I can do better.  There aren't enough hours in the day for all the things I want to do.

After rolling more paper tubes for my commission project...I trimmed them up today and touched the edges with a gold paint pen. I still may need more....but I'll figure that out as I go along.

Step three is glueing them onto a wooden base wrapping a little gold thread as I go.  I've always been quite fond of these little snippets I trim off the ends.                                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment