C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 22, 2019

Washi and Watercolor

"Submit to daily practice. Your loyalty to that is a ring on the door. Keep knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there." Rumi

It blows my mind that this blog just passed 75,000 page views today and I'm very appreciative to those of you who take the time to visit.  It continues to be one of my most rewarding and joyful creative daily practice activities. 



I'm almost 1/2 way through my 100 days of index cards and this almost every day creative practice has been a great project for these busy summer months. I especially love when the past art project I'm using is associated with such a good memory.

Three years ago while I was visiting Becky she invited her friend Suzy over and we had a craft day. It was memorable because Suzy had just retired from teaching and it would have been the first day of school.  I played with a combination of watercolor and washi tape (decorative paper tape) and my experiment has been sitting in a bin ever since. Today a piece of it became card # 47.

I intended to stitch it on the card with my sewing machine and got all the way around before I realized there was no bobbin thread. So I made the best of it and slip stitched it by hand making good use of the holes.  I actually like the effect and may do it again on purpose.
Here are a few photos from that craft session back in 2016. I just love a table full of color and crafting and I"m grateful for friends who like it too!  






No comments:

Post a Comment