C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 25, 2019

A Little Experiment

I own several rope necklaces from a talented artist in Poland (yes, I mean Poland....not Portland) named Marishka and actually was wearing one in yesterday's post similar to this one.  Her Etsy shop is called Mariscapes  and her work is colorful and reasonably priced. I love them and always get compliments when I wear them. 
If you follow this blog you know I've been obsessed with wrapping things like sticks and wheat for a while now.  Inspired by my necklaces from Mariscapes, I'm now experimenting with cording and twine.  I don't know how Marishka does so much so perfectly....it isn't as easy as wrapping a stick....but I'm giving it a go.                                                                     

                                                                                                         
I'm trying out yarns with fuzzy textures.....



and nubbly ones...


...and wrapping thicker cotton cording. Ultimately I hope to incorporate these into some projects....but mostly I'm having fun wrapping new things. I've got several bins of colorful yarns and strings to play with.
These were the ingredients for a little rainbow project that's been in my mind for quite some time.

I wrapped little pieces of twine in ROYGBIV...red, orange yellow, green blue, indigo and violet.
Using a background of periwinkle blue wool I started glueing down the cording in a rainbow shape.  I was way too impatient for the glue to dry.... 
...so I got out the glue-gun....I haven't used one in years.  I only tacked down the ends as they would be hidden under the frame and the instant stick and no wait dry time was the definitely the way to go!




I think my little experiment is kind of sweet and has some potential.
The opening is just 2 x 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment