C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 11, 2019

Life Lessons....

....from my puzzle.  Yep....that's what I meant to say.

Ever since I came home with this fabulous pencil puzzle from the knitting ladies I've been dying to start.  But I have a puzzle going.....a beautiful iris puzzle...and it's hard!  I keep telling myself that at any point I feel like I'm not making progress and/or not enjoying it I'm going to abandon it. And secretly I've been hoping that's what would happen.



Sometimes I can sit for 10 or 15 minutes and find nothing....then the next time I find 6 or 8 right in a row. This one is all about the subtle details and shades....and it's going to be slow going.

So I hope to see it through and appreciate the challenge and enjoy the colors.

 

Life Lessons from my puzzle: (and you thought I wasn't serious 😊)

Be present with what's right in front of me rather than anticipating the future. The pencil puzzle will be there.
Embrace the challenge.....it's fun to find new strategies and challenges are good for me.
Practice patience.  This one is just going to take time.....enjoy the process.
Keep it in perspective.....it's just a puzzle.

And....remember to enjoy the view from my puzzle table.

No comments:

Post a Comment