C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 1, 2019

"Palette Builder"

When I was poking around Maryline's Mary & Patch blog I came across a link to a fun tool called Pallet Builder.  It's found on a site called Play Crafts and it's just one of the tools on the site designed for quilters and crafters.

Palette Builderhttp://www.play-crafts.com/blog/palettebuilder2/

I've seen images paired with these color blocks before and found them intriguing. Now I can make my own.

Once I uploaded a photo I could move around several little markers that would isolate colors from the photo and create a scheme. There were a couple options of how many color blocks you wanted to create. I played around with it a bit with some of my recent favorite photos and had to force myself to stop....it was a bit addicting.
The site actually matches the color blocks to Kona brand fabric solids as a tool for quilters.  

I was able to save my images in iPhoto and cropped out the Kona fabric list. I can see how it could be helpful creating a color scheme for a project....nature almost always gets it right! 


When I took this photo below I mentioned that I loved the layers of color.  Now that they're all lined up in the color blocks....they do make a beautiful scheme.






No comments:

Post a Comment