C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 4, 2019

Ripple Effect

I love when there's a creative ripple effect from something here on the blog. I've been at this for almost 5 full years and just a few days ago I crossed over 80,000 page views which kind of blows my mind.  Even if there's just a few positive ripples....it's worthwhile.



One of the jars of stars I talked about yesterday made its way to Elle in Maryland and I have her permission to share her story here. 

I've never met Elle....but she's the reader who reached out for directions for the paper stars a few days ago.  We've had a good time chatting back and forth through e-mail and I actually even made her a little "how to" video yesterday. I'm happy to report that she's having success and is now officially a star convert. Adam (my teacher) would be pleased at the ripple he actually started.  I'll be sure to let him know.

But what makes it more joyful to me is what might be the next ring in this creative connection. Elle hopes to make stars for "mailbox favors" for kids and parents at the Children's Inn at National Institute of Health where families of seriously ill children get to stay for free during research and treatment. How cool is that!


It seems fitting that there's a star in their logo.

https://childrensinn.org/

I think Elle's doing well! The one on the right is her most recent...I think she's got it!  Well done Elle! Spread the joy!
As I said a week ago...there are loads of directions and videos out there online...and  I've found a way that works best for me. If anyone wants to give it a try and is interested in my little video....just let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.  I've never done a how to video so it's a little rough but it gets the job done. Maybe I'll try it again and post one on youtube at some point.  

2 comments:

  1. :-) Call me Happy! I love these cuties. I took a strip of paper with me to a meeting and made like I was just fiddling with it. Of course I was thoughtfully folding it. Once I had a star, I pushed it to the person sitting next to me. Share it forward!!
    Thank you for your patience with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness....that's so awesome! You've made my day!!!

      Delete