C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Gathering

"This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful; in a word, more alive." Alice Waters

I am so fortunate to have wonderful women friends in my life that I gather with. One group might gather for a morning or maybe a whole day....and another group for a weekend get-a-way or even a whole week someplace magically beautiful.  There's something energizing and uplifting about gathering with women.  Tomorrow several women will be gathering for a weekend at our condo here in Portland.

A print I own from http://www.artheadstudio.com/




Every other year our church youth group holds an auction to help fund a yearly mission trip to the Appalachian Mountains where they help with home projects for families in need in Neon, Kentucky.  One of the ways Paul and I have contributed is putting our Portland home up for auction for a weekend stay. Portland is a vibrant little city filled with great restaurants, galleries and shopping, and easy access to southern Maine's beautiful coast.We offered our our South Portland vacation home several times until we sold it and now for the first time, our condo. 

Melodee and Debbie from our church and all but one in their knitting group are coming for the weekend so I've been busy trying to make all the living and sleeping spaces presentable and tidy.  I'm not known for my housekeeping....so my home always thanks me when we have a party or house guests because it gets a little attention.

I'll meet and greet them tomorrow to pass along the key then head back to Lexington. I'm going to take a few pictures while everything is spruced up and maybe give a little tour in a coming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment