C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Creative Excursion

I took a little creative excursion today to Playtime in Arlington.  It's a massive art and craft store....two stories of colorful chaos.  The store is packed to the brim and the isles are tight...but if you know what you're looking for you'll probably will find it here. I was looking for trim for Margie's fabric wall pieces and I thought this was my best bet for one stop shopping. 


I found some blue and beige that will work well for the long horizontal runs and I can use whichever color is needed for balance and contrast.  They work pretty well together and blend nicely with the upholstery fabric.

I think the shorter seams need to be covered in something smaller and less bulky.  I'm going to experiment with some things I have on hand....but I'll also check out Joann Fabrics in the next few days.  It's a process....and I enjoy the challenge. Phase two is under way.



No comments:

Post a Comment