C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Rushing?

Just being practical.

I don't like rushing a season.  I do my best to be present and enjoy what's happening right now.  I'd rather let things linger after the fact than start too early. But this year I have to think practically at my house in Lexington.

Starting tomorrow Paul is on vacation and we will be in Maine through Thanksgiving weekend.  Then...less than a week when we return we will be hosting a church staff Christmas party at our home in Lexington.

So yesterday I was giving "anskth" and today I put my little "Give Thanks" blocks away,  put on some Christmas music, and did some early Christmas decorating.



I always smile when I pull my felt garlands out of the box...they're the first things to go on the tree.

Once we get to Maine...I'll switch back to Thanksgiving and birthday celebration mode.  I certainly don't want to rush any of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment