C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Invisible Thread

Liatris, sometimes called gayfeather, is an unusual perennial that blooms from the top down.  Paul and I saw this little bright little patch on our morning walk.

One of my favorite discoveries during the Swirls of Color class was invisible thread.  I knew about it...but had never used it. And now, thanks to Isobel, I know how easy it is to use and how versatile it is. I'm a huge fan!

I've had this little rainbow piece hanging around since I took the fusing class way back in 2016.  It's made from multiple layers of hand dyed fabric strips and has gone through severals revisions and I wrote about its start in this post:

But today I started adding some accent fibers using invisible thread and I think it's just what it needed to pull it together and add a little texture.  I'm just getting started....but want to choose carefully and be mindful of when it's time to stop. It's getting there.
The piece is small....only about 6 x 8 and it will look good matted in a black frame.

  

2 comments:

  1. We had Liatris in our garden and were happy to find that honey bees loved visiting them.
    Love seeing and reading about your adventure with Isobel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything that attracts the bees. I feel like my adventure with Isobel is just beginning!

    ReplyDelete