C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

"Swirls of Colour"

I've been admiring textile artist Isobel Moore's work for quite some time.  She creates amazing organic  swirls of color as well and land and seascapes.  Isobel uses recycled materials and textiles and embellishes with fibers, beads, embroidery and anything else she can get her hands on.  Her work just oozes JOY!



All the images on this post are Isobel's and these, and many many more can be found on her Instagram account and Facebook Pages....I highly recommend you check them out.





Just recently I noticed a last call for an on-line class and decided in a split second to go for it. If not now...when? It's called Swirls of Colour...and I couldn't be more excited.  As many of you know I am nearly drowning in recycled papers, fibers, beads, and fabric....so I already had EVERYTHING I needed to begin. I also think I'll be able to use some of my painted papers from the last class I took. I'm thinking it will be a good way to honor my "stash."


Here's a short little class teaser video Isobel posted on her Facebook page:





2 comments:

  1. Hello , do you teach an online class ho to do the above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the class from: Izzy Moore https://www.isobelmoore.co.uk/

      Delete