C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 31, 2020

Pause

"The less you need, the more you have."

I couldn't get out of my own way today and I had too many balls in the air. But no matter how busy the day is Paul and I always stop whatever we're doing and gather at 4:00....and pause.  When the weather permits we are on the patio....and when it's not we're inside playing games or chatting.  

Today was a beautiful late afternoon in the back yard...and we commented about how content we're going to be for a very long time just sitting and talking, watching the birds and other critters, and soaking in the light and shadows in the woods.  Life is good....and every day we're learning how little we really need. And by the way....at least two different hummingbirds have joined us every day since that first sighting at the feeder.


Some women get flowers....I get rocks....and heart rocks are the best.


And look what I found in the woods.
Pause to look, pause to listen, and sometimes.....just pause. 



No comments:

Post a Comment