C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 6, 2020

Soft Blues

Blogspot told me that I've reached 2000 posts.  So this is 2001.

"All I know is that my life is better when I assume that people are doing their best. It keeps me out of judgement and lets me focus on what is, and not what should or could be."  Brene Brown

Mine is better when I do that too.....I'm working on it.

On my way home from Portland to Lexington I stopped in Ocean Park and walked the beach with Jane. It's always a treat!

The sky was a hazy gray blue and there was light fog lingering in the air...making is seem almost mysterious.


I delivered one of my tiny hosta plants....and got to see Jane's new pot of rain lilies in bloom.  I think Rose would be happy that some of her rain lilies are living at the beach.


Jane's front garden is always a big splash of color and her periwinkle door makes a great backdrop.



And I came home to my own sea of soft blue!  This first photo was taken about 8:00 last night when it was getting a little dusky....so everything seemed to be a soft blue.





This one is in the front of the house...and will turn interesting shades of purply blues as it matures.


2 comments:

  1. I just recently subscribed to your blog and I love it! The art and the flowers and your sharing of appropriate literary prose.

    I was so excited to read this post and thought "Gee, I didn't know she lived so close". I went back to see your location and was surprised to see you live in Maine. You see, I'm from Portland (OR) and I currently live in Ocean Park (WA) and there is a Lexington (OR) in Eastern Oregon. Your picture of Jane walking the dune path could easily have been here and the pictures of the hydrangeas could easily have been from here!

    Thank you for sharing. Your love of art and nature with us.

    Toni Macomb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I have tears in my eyes. Thank you so much for tuning in and reaching out Toni...these connections are just wonderful! I'm smiling ear to ear!

      Delete