C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Neighbors and Friends

....and an artist I admire.

A simple watercolor by Andrea Thompson that made me smile today. 


This was a part out and about day....and an "I didn't get anything done at home day"....except a nap. It's just the kind of day I needed.  

So today I'm going to celebrate the blooms I've seen at neighbors' and friends' houses in the past few days....because how can you not celebrate the beautiful blooms of summer!


Stunning clematis in my neighbor Rebecca's back yard.



And a lace capped hydrangea at Patty's.  
I'm looking forward to seeing how mine is doing when I get to Lexington tomorrow.  


I love a fading sunflower just as much if not more than a perfect one....
and this beauty was in Janice's yard.  The best thing is she said it was a volunteer.


And her window box is spectacular!


Janice had calendula drying on her counter.  
It can be used in salads and is loaded with antioxidants. 
I think I've had flowers in some of Janice's salads.
🌼🌼🌼


And these were all the stages of some zinnias in the courtyard at Margie's place.


And finally....another one of Andrea's watercolors that was part of watercolor collage series she did. I think the combination of patterns is wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment