C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Swoop of Color

"We may not have chosen the time, but the time has chosen us."  John Lewis

Sometime the smallest of things capture our attention.  Paul noticed these sweet little mushrooms on a walk and knew I would love them.


He also knew I'd like a context shot.


And this little dried stem captured my attention...complete with a perfect little dried curl.  It most certainly is a keeper.


I came across this image on one of my Pinterest boards last evening and I couldn't get it out of my head.  So starting about 8:00 last night....I got to work on not so much a "swirl of color"...but more of a "swoop of color." 

I tried to track down where this image came from....but no luck.

I got quite a bit farther than this today....but need some time to sort and edit through the photos.  I'll share more about the project in the next couple of days.....I'm having fun!


A little pile of fiber inspiration.     


2 comments:

  1. Hi MaryAnn,
    Your Swoop of Color is going to be great!
    The inspiration photo is Ellen Lindner "Florida Native #2".
    I love it, too! More connections, right? We "met" in Ellen's class, as I recall. :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! It looks like her work....and she certainly has been an inspiration to me. The photo I had on a Pinterest board didn't take me back to her. Thanks for the clarification.

      Delete