C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Yarns, Strings, and Bling

"I am inspired by colour and spaces, pattern and intricate detail. I love the lines of fields and hillsides, the expanse of wild landscapes and seascapes, the greens and blues of the sea, the details of leaves and shells, and the pattern of tree branches against the sky."  Isobel Moore


This has been one of my all time favorite class experiences....can't wait to start playing with wild landscapes! 

I couldn't have had more fun today adding fibers and decorative stitches to my Swirls of Color piece...and I think I stopped while I was still happy with it this time.  I'm going to let it sit for a bit...then it will be time for handwork. I'll check in with Isobel for feedback and recommendations.  


One of my greatest strengths is my vast supply of yarns, strings and bling.....and I'm so excited to be using them....along with the decorative stitches on my sewing machine.

I've been mostly using strips of batik fabrics because I love the colors and textures...but I'm looking forward to experimenting with other fabrics....like stripes. 

I posted a short little video of some sewing action on my Instagram page: 


I added a few and eliminated a few....but it was fun shopping my yarns, strings, and bling!


2 comments:

  1. Me gusta este trabajo, la felicito. Donde puedo aprender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the class from Izzy Moore. https://www.isobelmoore.co.uk/

      Delete