C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 18, 2021

Next Stage

Some might say these hydrangeas are past their prime....but I'm suggesting they are just entering their next stage of beauty.  

Paul and I were delivering our condo newsletter this morning and I had to pause to admire this flat leaf hydrangea in a neighbor's yard....the color variations were magical. 

There is such beauty in nature even as it starts to decay....wabi-sabi wonderful!


These buds were just getting going....but look at those colors in the petals! 


2 comments:

  1. Hydrangeas! My favorite flower of all - and for these very reasons. The photos captured so much of their loveliness. We had no blooms on our four bushes this year - until September. Now we have maybe 10 and they’re gorgeous. Don’t know what’s up but I’m happily going with it.
    I sure hope you’re feeling better than you were yesterday, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....hydrangeas are awesome! Enjoy your fall blooms!

      Delete