C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Out Of My Head

It makes me happy that I may have nudged people to notice and celebrate a good stem. 

Here are a couple friends have sent me.


Sometimes I have to get an idea out of my head before I can move onto anything else. My execution is so so....but the idea has possibilities.  Practice practice practice!



I squirted a few drops rainbow acrylics on paper and just pulled the colors down with a squeegee (an old credit card). Then I drew my squiggles on the back and cut the insides with the knife and the outsides with some sharp pair of scissors.


And Paul knew I would love this photo he saw on his bike ride. Why not put a pumpkin in the crook of the tree!


2 comments:

  1. Aren’t all those pumpkins cute. Now, all I do when I go the the nurseries is look at stems! The paper cut came out beautifully. Not so-so at all. I’d better get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are cute....and I'm so happy you're now in the "all about the stem" club! It's a fun place to be!

      Delete