C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Lifelong Learner

Lifelong learner for all things creative.

I've been slowly working my way through an online class called Process and Possibility-Connecting Through Collage with Cordula Kagemann from Germany.  More and more I am choosing classes that have lifetime access making them easier to fit into and around my life. I've been absolutely loving this one!

I've admired Cordula's work for years....I have seen and studied these collages long before I ever knew who did them.  I love the whimsy of the polka dots but there was something about the textures and eathiness of these pieces that drew me in. I have always wanted to know more.

Just recently I came across Cordula on Instagram where I am now seeing her work with papercuts.    

https://www.instagram.com/cordula.kagemann/

Then came a class offering and I didn't even hesitate signing up.
We started with simple magazine collage....moving through various exercises to add layers and texture like image transfers and papercuts. 

 I've shared a just few of them here....but most I have not.

Lately I've been stitching and painting and creating all kinds of textured papers which I'll be sharing at some point.

Here's one little experiment I did....I was pretty tickled at how it came out.  It was not one of the lessons....but inspired by them. 

The class is living up to its name....the Process does lead to Possibilities


Since it was my own idea I can tell you how I did it.  I sandwiched heavy thread between two pieces of tissue paper then glued the whole thing together with matte medium.  When it was dry I painted it then cut out the negative space with Connie's exacto knife.  This lifelong learner's mind is exploding!!! More to come as I have time. 

Remember I said these classes need to fit in and around my life?  Well...my niece Clarke just arrived today from Memphis and will be here for a week....so she will be my focus....the class can wait. Clarke helped me get this blog going and has been my technical support along the way. She's interesting and amazing and I'm thrilled to have her here (and so is her Grandma). She's only been here a few hours and already solved one of my tech issues.  I'm starting a list....but don't worry....we will get to the beach too.


2 comments: