C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

"The Darkness"

I couldn't stop thinking about "The Darkness"....the little jar of a mysterious liquid I saw at the little stand around the corner. What an interesting notion....putting darkness in a jar!

Darkness is a mixed bag for me.  I'm actually a bit afraid of the dark....when I can't see what's out there...or right in front of me. I have night lights everywhere.  But I also enjoy the darkness this time of year and throughout the winter when I'm inside my safe and cozy home...with my night lights. I love candles at dinner and the special lighting that comes with the seasons that can only be appreciated when it's dark.

So I went back to the little table around the corner to purchase the jar of darkness....and lo and behold it was already gone.  And to be real honest it made me smile knowing that someone else loved the darkness too.  

I have been in contact with the Jenna, the mom of these sweet little creative girls....and I now have her permission to use their first names.  Maggie and Molly are 6 and 10...and they have captured my heart.  When I went back to their little stand I took them a handful of felted acorns as a gift.  

I put them in a little bag with a balloon attached so they would be sure to see them and set it behind their table.

 

I still paid for my two purchases with $1 coins thanks to my father-in-law.....https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/04/daves-boxes.html.......and I came with another sweet little rock and a jar of Magic Plant Food.


I thought it was so interesting that the plant food came with a warning: do not touch! I will be careful....I wouldn't want to grow big leaves on my hands.


The rocks will sit on my puzzle table....they look good with this colorful art puzzle. I find that I am using my light more and more....as "The Darkness" creeps more and more into the daylight with each passing day.


I love my little trio of happy rocks from Maggie and Molly!


2 comments:

  1. Reading about this young business endeavor makes me smile and makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And it's nice to know others think so too. Thanks Elle!

      Delete