C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Creative Spirit

Never underestimate a young creative spirit!

I have to tell this story......the whole story.  So it's probably going to be one of those joy-full posts that may get a little long. Consider yourself warned.  

Back in 2018 I posted about a sweet little "for free fairy mix" that captured my heart.  You can read about it in the link below as it really sets the stage for today's post. 

The short version is the fairy mix was a little bundle of nature finds all wrapped up inside a large leaf....free for the taking.  It was clearly put together by young little hands.  I picked one up.....and I was smitten.

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/06/for-free-fairy-mix.html

Then....at the beginning of this September, three years later at the same home, I saw this little table of rocks....clearly made by the same precious little hands.  

I walked by it several times but I kept forgetting to bring along a $1 so I couldn't pick one up. When I finally remembered I wrote a little note of thanks, put a $1 in a baggie and went back the next day.

But the table was gone. I could see it sitting way up by the garage because they had just mowed the lawn. So I carried that note and the $1 every day for several weeks on my my walks waiting for the table to come back to the edge of their lawn....but it never did.  

Then....a few weeks after that I was on my evening walk I saw a little girl in pink running down the sidewalk near the house. When I saw her mother sitting on the front steps....I decided to introduce myself and tell them them my story.  Turns out....the fairy mix was done by her older sister three years ago...and the two of them had worked together on the rocks.  The mom thought they might put the table back out. I was excited.  I loved their little project....and I wanted to support them.

I still had the first note I wrote in the baggie...and I added a second note which told more of my story after I met them. I put in another $1 so I could pick up two rocks...one from each sister.  I went back every day for the next 2 or 3 weeks with this baggie in my pocket.  No table.
I finally stopped carrying the notes and money....and tucked the red baggie in the drawer in the kitchen.  

But never underestimate a young creative spirit.  Today was the day.....be still my heart!  "Dedicated to Maryann our fave costumer!


Be Still My Heart!  


Poisons and Potions
Shop!
Free or Tip!!!


Love Potion and Titan Remover!


Dragon Remover and The Darkness


I had a hard time deciding....so I came home with these and I tipped well.  
I may go back for more.  I just might need "The Darkness." I also have a feeling I'm going to be leaving them a few things with them too! They are inspiring MY creative spirit!


2 comments:

  1. What a great story - in two chapters! Such sweet little hearts.

    ReplyDelete