C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Album Boxes

Yes....you read that right....this post is about album boxes.  There's always something to celebrate!

I'm wondering if anyone else's day went as planned.  I spent almost my entire day on Condo Board stuff. That wasn't the plan....but some days are just like that.  I did get a walk and swim this morning and did some watering in the gardens.....so that's good.  I wish it would gently rain for about a week.

But the best thing about today was an exciting discovery. I was just giddy!

During the move when we were trying our best to somewhat reduce....Paul was getting rid of a few boxes that album and CD sets came in.  He knows me well...so asked if I wanted them. Of course I did....I have a thing for boxes.  They were the perfect size for sorting puzzle pieces and much better than the deep and awkward box tops I was using.  

Here they are....all piled up being put to good use along my puzzle table.  

Paul only gave me a couple (tops and bottoms)....so I've been keeping my eye out at the Goodwill store for more. Once I get all I need....I'll get some for Margie.

Just a few days ago I found this Bach album set for $2....in a very sturdy box. Score! I would have paid twice that! I sliced the hinge....and now I have two fabulous new puzzle piece boxes.

What I didn't know until today....was that there was an insert that is absolutely beautiful!  It's going to be perfect for mono printing, cutting up, and collaging.

Just look at how pretty that border is!

The intricate design is also on the back....


....and in the middle!


....and even tiny versions throughout the insert.  And I love having written pages in other languages....so it's fun to have something in German...and French.
And....the pages numbers are fabulous too!  Did I say I was giddy!
On days like this....it doesn't take much to bring a smile to my face.


And just to keep you in the color loop....I'm working on the red pencils now.


Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment