C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Finished Piece

Liz's fabric piece made it to Denver safe and sound....thanks to Paul! He texted me along his route letting me know it was safely stowed during both legs of his trip.  He's a good sport!

I'm pretty happy with the finished piece....and it felt good to start AND finish something large.....it's almost 12" by 24".  In hindsight, I would have made a few different design decisions....but finished is better than perfect.  

One of the things that Liz and I didn't talk about was using this pretty purple batik to create the distant trees....I think they added depth and interest.  I actually want to try and whole tone on tone tree piece....as I think these batik trees are my favorite part.  
And a big shout out to Vicki Welsh and her beautiful hand dyed gradient fabric!


Art piece for Liz's new home 


2 comments:

  1. This piece is fabulous! You're right - those purple trees add so much dimension. You bring so much color and JOY each day through your posts. Thank you! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! I really appreciate the kind words. There's always JOY!

      Delete